The Summer Reading Challenge is now in full swing – but you can join at the library right up to Saturday 3 September. Children aged four-12 get a special wallet, stickers to collect and – if they read six books – a certificate, a mini frisbee and a medal. Under 4s can also join a “mini challenge”, collecting stickers and a certificate.
And there are FREE kids’ activity sessions every Wednesday in August from 3-4:30pm:
- 2 August: Workshop – Can you become a Library super engineer?
- 9 August: Crazy golf course – with surprises!
- 16 August: Make your own stretchy slime!
- 23 August: Chill out with board games.
- 30 August: Library sports day – reading style!