Saturday July 12th is the date of the next library public forum at Tate South Lambeth – the face-to-face meeting of library managers and local people, held every three months, where the library’s plans are set out and its performance is held up to scrutiny by the general public.
Here are the main questions that the committee of Friends wants to raise:
- What is the schedule for the remainder of the building improvements work to be done under the £107,000 funding allocation for this year?
- What is the scope for additional renewal and updating work this year – notably the “new shelving and furniture” signposted at the January public forum and repainting of the interior walls (last done over ten years ago)?
- What is happening on the delivery of the 11 items approved for funding by Section 106 money? In January the forum was told these would arrive in “6-8 weeks”. So far just one – the Eye Pal reader – has arrived. Where are the others – chairs, tables, e-readers/tablets, laptop, display stands? Friends has offered to supplement the Eye Pal reader with equipment to handle Portuguese (and up to four more languages). We have heard nothing.
- What are TSL’s budget results for last year (April 2013-March 2014)?
- What is this year’s budget?
You probably have other questions you’d like to raise.
So come along on Saturday July 12th at 2-4pm