The next Digital Bazaar is on Saturday, 21st April between 10am and 12 noon at Tate South Lambeth Library, 180 South Lambeth Road.
Just drop in. All are welcome, from beginners to the very experienced who want to try out a new programme or pick up new tricks.
As usual, we will offer a wide range of subjects. The final ‘menu’ will be set when we know exactly which of our trainers will be around on 21st.
Here are just some of the areas which we have been offering recently:
- How to use the online e-resources offered by Lambeth Libraries, including
- downloading electronic books and subscription genealogy sites
- Learning foreign languages using the internet
- Getting the best from your mobile phone, including iPhone
- Effective internet searching
- How to set up a free blog
- Using Facebook and Twitter
- Online shopping, including flights and holidays
- Using Microsoft Word to write letters and documents
- Enhancing your photos with Photoshop – bring your own if you wish
- Using Excel to make spreadsheets and manage your money
- How to make free calls with Skype
There will also be a chance to try out an iPad tablet or a Kindle e-reader
If what you need is not on the menu, just ask our trainers on the day – there is usually someone who knows the answer.
Please feel free to bring in your own laptop, mobile, camera or other equipment if there are things you don’t know how to use. Remember to make sure your battery is charged and/or bring your power cable, and an extension lead if you can as we have limited power points at the library.
For more info and to see what people say about the DIGITAL BAZAAR, go to www.digitaltuesdays.co.uk