In the past year Friends of TSL have expanded their programme of activities to include monthly talks and presentations on a wide range of subjects, monthly film screenings and a fortnightly gardening group meeting. The audience for these events has been growing strongly – our most recent talk had 72 people attending and our most recent film session had 84, not all of whom had a seat!
Maintaining the current pace – which we plan to do in the new year – represents a big burden on our existing volunteers. Do you think you could help?
1. We’re looking for people to help:
- set up at events (shifting chairs and tables, putting up screening equipment etc) and clear up afterwards
- operate the film projector/DVD player
- run the refreshment table
- design promotional posters and flyers
- distribute posters to neighbourhood shops and restaurants
For all these the time commitment is pretty light – a few hours (maximum 3) once or twice a month. We do not expect volunteers to be available every month, since we all have busy lives and other calls on our time. But as the talks and film shows are in the evening, you could undertake the work even if you have a full-time job. Contact us at email@example.com
2. We are also looking for your ideas – building on the current programme of activities or branching out into new ones- and offers of help to carry them through.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org